• /
  • Consent Notice

Consent Notice

A Travel Consent Form is used when a minor is traveling alone, with only one parent/legal guardian, or with an authorized group. A travel consent form notifies authorities or other interested parties that a parent or legal guardian has given their consent for the child to travel without them. A travel consent form can be used both for domestic travel inside the United States or international travel across country borders. Because of increasing instances of child abduction in custody cases, and a growing number of children who are the victims of trafficking or other abduction, an immigration officer, airline, or travel company may ask parents to provide some form of letter of consent if a minor child is traveling internationally with only one parent or with another adult, such as a teacher, group trip leader, or grandparent.